Fiona

CafeMom Tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

One week post-op

So, officially it would be a week tomorrow, but I feel like writing today. Why put it off for tomorrow when you can get it done today? That is also one of my New Year's Resolutions. I am a terrible procrastinator.
I have been doing fine until yesterday. It was probably a combination of things, but I felt bad and I was cranky! I did apologize to Theron about being cranky, but being the great guy he is, said he understood. The first issue I am having is starting my "monthlies" and trying not to get dehydrated. So, stomach hurts and I am cramping. Then we decided I needed to get out and walk some. I stop by work, I actually worked a little, then went shopping at Sam's and Wally World. I was worn out by then. We got some whey protein for my shakes and I decide to use milk with it. It took me my second shake to realize my stomach doesn't like the milk. So, on Saturday, I am cramping, nauseated, sore (I decided not to take a pain pill today), and worn out from shopping the day before. Why would I be cranky???
Today is a different story. Yes, my favorite aunt is still with me, but I took a pain pill this morning, use water instead of milk, and took a second pain pill. Ahhh, life is good on pain pills! I have lost some weight, but I won't divulge that info until I have my 2 week post-op check at the Dr.'s. I will try to have photos of us for our 1 month post op and ya'll can see if there's a difference.
We are planning on doing some errands tomorrow, we'll see how well I will do.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

The aunt is a good thing, isn't it? If I recall correctly your aunt doesn't visit enough.

tnunley said...

Not when I just had the "aunt" two weeks ago. my Dr. wants my "aunt" to visit every 3 months, not every 2 weeks! Did I mention I am BC pills because I can't get pg in the next year while I am losing all this wt? I was off the pills for about 3 days and that was enouph to start me up!!

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

I know it would be more CONVENIENT to only cycle every 3 months... but it's much healthier for it to be "normal" and be every month, plus it's a decent indication that maybe the surgery and weight-loss will normalize your cycle and decrease or eliminate the infertility. I'm sure you already thought of that, but I wanted to remind you ;o). I didn't used to have a problem conceiving, I've just had so many miscarriages. I'm on BCP too though- b/c I'd be devastated for SURE if we got preg now, before I lost at least the majority of the weight. I still think you need to try the clear/fruit protein stuff at GNC- my original plan was just to NOT EAT or DRINK ANYTHING BUT WATER that second week after surgery, I was so disgusted with the shakes.

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

Oh sorry-I forgot: TAKE THE PAIN PILLS!! I did that too, and couldn't get enough exercise or anything in. They definitely help, and your body has just been through serious major (traumatic) surgery. TAKE 'EM!!!

tnunley said...

Angie- It's my OB/GYN's idea to cylce every three months. Something about my hormones and the type of bcp I am on. I skip the white pills for it to work...

Anonymous said...

Hey trish, love the weight loss ticker...i'll pass the blog along to my other family members, they all have blogs. I have heard this progress for you can be a challenge because the eating habits have to change. major lifestyle change...so good luck and we will watch your progress. You are going to feel so good. I can't wait to see pictures.

daveandmarie said...

good for you Trish, be careful and eat right because all this will be no good if one does not change the whole life style of eating. we all want before and after pictures see if you can send some.

tnunley said...

Thank you Heather and Marie for you wonderfull support! It is greatly appreciated!