Fiona

CafeMom Tickers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Update!!

3 week post-op and 2 month post-op



Taken about a year ago.



Yea! We are doing good. I went to my post op exam this past week and everything went well. I lost 22.5# between my pre-op and post-op (3 weeks). Dr. Roller was vry pleased. My six laprascopic holes are healing great also.
We had to go shopping for Theron already. His pants were getting too baggy. So we went to Wally World last night and he tried on some khaki pants. He went down 2 pant sizes! WooHoo! We just got one pair, we aren't sure how long he will be able to wear these before he needs more...
I still can't eat very much. My stomach thinks that a few bites is sufficient, but I know it isn't because I need to get my protein in. It's very frustrating. It takes me a good 45min. or more to finish a 1/4c. of food. It's weird, but I am getting use to it.
My cousin Heather made a suggestion and I think it's a pretty good idea! She asked if I can post recipes that we make. Keep in mind that the serving size on some of these recipes are for smaller stomachs. The recipe I am posting today is for sloppy joes. We had an Enrichment meeting that included a dinner where we served sloppy joes. Unfortunately they are too high in sugar and fat for me. They are also 2 other sisters who also had bariatric surgery who are on the same restrictions. So, I ,(Theron cooked it, he's the chef!), found this perfect recipe that turned out great! Enjoy!

Sloppy Joes

Source The South Dakota Diabetes Control Program Cookbook Healthy Diabetes Recipes and More
Prep Time 1 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes Difficulty Easy
Yields 6 servings


Ingredients

1 lb extra lean ground beef (5% fat) (Theron used ground turkey as an alternative)
1/4 cup unsalted tomato juice (Theron used regular tomato juice)
2 tbsp onion flakes (Theron used real onions)
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp dry mustard
2 tbsp Ketchup
1/2 tsp salt

Directions

1 Brown ground beef and onions in a large pot. Drain off fat. Return beef to pot with remaining ingredients. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve on a bun.


Nutrition Facts

Makes 6 servings
Amount Per Serving

Calories 100.5

Total Carbs 3.2g

Dietary Fiber 0.2g

Sugars 1.9g

Total Fat 2.7g

Saturated Fat 1g

Unsaturated Fat 1.7g

Potassium 42.4mg

Protein 16.3g

Sodium 354.1mg

Dietary Exchanges
1 1/2 Meat

See the Detailed Nutritional Analysis
Powered by ESHA

printed from dLife.com 01/18/2009

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can definetly see a difference in your faces. Nice job Nunley's. And thanks for posting the recipe. I'm going to try it, i'm sure it's WAY healthier than the sloppy joes I make. I'm pretty sure the pre canned sauce I use has tons of sugar in it.

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

Hey- that's a great pic, y'all are cute! Did he like the book/cookbook I sent home? Also the sloppy joe's were fabulous- really. The friend I brought with me really liked them too- she unknowingly used your sloppy joe mix instead of one of the beef ones :o). I wish you were home during the day (I know we can't all be!) so you could come walking with me/us. I don't know if it has much affect on you, but I've started using "no salt added" tomatoes and sauce, and checking the sodium on other things like salsa. I think when I'm eating so little, high sodium causes me to really retain water for some reason, especially at the beginning of my cycle. Just a thought ;o)

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

subscribing

Foxs said...

You guys look great! Congrats. We miss you!!!!!

Carrie said...

Nice Pic...looking good. The recipe sounds good as well. Will's not a beef eater so we'll try with ground turkey.