Fiona

CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

WLS Update!

It has been three weeks since Theron's surgery. He couldn't look better! He has already lost close to 30# and looks thinner in the face and around the middle. I was pretty pleased when he picked me up from the hospital today in a shirt he couldn't wear for the past year or so! He made it through the dreaded liquid diet phase and is now having fun experimenting with soft foods.
I just came home from my surgery today. I was scheduled to go in at 8:30am and they tried calling us at 7am to come in then. We didn't get that message until we got out of the shower! So we finished getting ready and rushed 2 blocks to the hospital. Everything went well for me. I didn't expect to come home so early, they discharged me at 3pm today. I had the option of staying another night, but I told the Doc that I was feeling good but really tired. I said I think I would sleep better at home. He agreed and off to home I went! I now start the dreaded liquid diet for the next 2 weeks. I will keep you posted on how well it goes.
For those family members looking for Christmas gifts, they are coming! We are just a little behind this month because of the two surgeries. Keep your eyes open for them...

3 comments:

Carrie said...

YAY! I'm glad it went well for you. As I already said...we want pics!

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

Trish!!! I'm so excited you got to go home early- they didn't even offer to let me. Glad Theron made it through liquids, I wasn't sure if I was gonna. Call me if you want and tell me where you live- it mustn't be far from where I live, since I'm barely two blocks from the hospital myself (595-1313). I'll swing by GNC and pick you up some fruit flavored protein in case you get tired of the other! CONGRATS!! XOXOXO

FoxFamily said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well!! I am happy for you both! Good luck with all those liquids, Trish!