Fiona

CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

A bit stressfull of a week

For the first time in like 8 or 9 years I have to give a talk in church. Gross. I dislike being the center of attention and I dislike even more speaking in front of large groups of people. I hate even answering the phones at work (and my cell for that matter!) It has been a real struggle for me to prepare my talk this week. I just want Sunday to come and go. The other thing that is stressing me out is my calling. I know it's not official, but I really don't care!! My calling is sort of in limbo right now. I love my calling and I am going to miss it (RS Secretary). Last week the presidency got an overhaul. New pres. and counselors. I haven't been released yet, but was told by the new pres. that she had picked out a new secretary. For some reason they haven't called her. Actually, they have called her and they made a mistake and called her for the wrong position... They might fix it this week, but I still haven't been released... Sunday is going to be awkward... I am hoping the new secretary will be able to continue with everything I have established. I do a monthly newsletter, every quarter I mail out the monthly newsletter to less-actives (gives us 100% on VT), I made up a binder for both RS and Primary to pass around that includes the newsletter, announcements, various sign up sheets, VT message, and the birthday list. I also have compiled a new sister welcome packet. I just hope the new secretary can keep up with it all. I guess we'll see how it goes!


Other than that we are doing great! Theron is down 80# and I am down 50#. I am hoping to lose another 20# in May for our cruise. Can't wait till then!! Most of the fallen limbs have been picked up. It looks strange now, I got used to seeing very large piles of branches piled up curbside waiting to be picked up. Everything looks so.... empty now. We had a few days of cold weather with a little bit of snow, but from today through the weekend we should be getting spring like weather with temps in the mid 70's. How am suppose to concentrate on my talk with this beautiful weather going on??

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sorry I'm late, but I'm sure your week turned out okay without me

Unknown said...

You'll be GREAT in primary!! I know it's hard to let go of past callings but it's all the way the Gospel works!!! Congrads on the Weight loss I can't wait for pic's!!! and THANK YOU for the pkg, we love them and they sit on our entertainment center!!!
HUGS!~