Fiona

CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Snobby Consignment Shops!!

Today I am venting! I have been insulted by snobby resale shops! I didn't think it was possible. Their business is selling used clothes, for goodness sake! As I have been losing wt., some clothes are just too big to wear now. So I bag up a few things, all unholy, unstained and looking pretty good. The first place I went to went through the bag and the ladies faces kept on getting sourer with each item they looked at. Finally they bag it all back up and one lady said they couldn't take any of it. She also said that they don't take clothing with an elastic waist band (it was plus size denim shorts in great condition!!). So I leave the store slightly stunned. Then I go to another smaller and hopefully more friendlier shop. NOT! They only take things in by appointment only, and they only took in brand name labels... not wonder they were a small store!! She wasn't even interested in some of my Old Navy shirts (which I don't think are generic!) After that I went home and sulked... If anyone here locally know of a nice and friendly resale shop that isn't so picky, let me know!! Ggrrrrr.... stupid people.... I am wondering why this is bothering me so much???

5 comments:

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

Which stores did you go to? (so I know not to go there). Someone told me just the other day that she took her clothes to "Puttin' on the Ritz" and they wouldn't wait to get them. She said the owners told her all these people who had WLS had been coming in and the need plus-size clothes for them to wear as they're losing weight. :) Hang in there- there's NO excuse for that. You might try ebay also, if you run out of local options.

tnunley said...

I went to Puttin' on the Rits (very snobby!) and Kay's Closet (on Guetnshon, they only take designer labels...). I am still so put off by them that I am having Theron call around on Monday to see what other places are taking...

Carrie said...

The lady has issues, I don't understand the sour face. Why does she even care

Anonymous said...

i know this post is older, but if you still have your stuff i would try e-bay also, or craigslist. If you can't find someone to buy, and you want to give them away you could donate to a women's shelter. But, you definetly don't want to keep them. I'm gettin rid of all my bigger clothes, i have been keeping them in case i get bigger again, but that's just asking for it.

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

Ok, I like what Hansen5 said. I've donated some clothes to others in surrounding wards (I can tell you who if you just end up giving them away) and I still intend to call the resale shops ahead of time to make appointments, then present them all washed, pressed and on hangers. I heard it goes a lot better that way!!!