Fiona

CafeMom Tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Life is Good... For Now

Well, to start were I left off in the last post... The bishopric made a bit of a blunder. For some reason the sister who was suppose to be the new secretary was announced as one of the counselors and I was sustained as a secretary. The sister who was suppose to be the new counselor wasn't even mentioned. We got a call Sunday morning (same day as our talks) to come in early and visit with a member of the bishopric. So, finally I got released as secretary and the next moment I am asked to do another calling. I now teach CTR 6, which consists of mostly 5 year olds going on 6 who aren't even in school yet. For future reference, the CTR 6 lesson manual is not geared for 5-6 year olds! On my first day I realized I was losing interest fast, so I cut my lesson short and we worked on a drawing that was related to the lesson. Now I start by reviewing what we learned last week, give a 10 minute lesson, then do some kind of coloring activity pertaining to the lesson for the last 15 minutes. I still don't get why they keep asking if I brought any treats. I know the previous teacher didn't give any, and I haven't given any for the past 3 weeks... hmmm.

I am enjoying my new calling. I have 4 girls and one lonely boy ( who ignores me and colors... as long as he's not disrupting the class...) and I have another boy who's mom is recovering from cancer surgery (normally this family is pretty active, but family is supporting mom now), and another girl who is semi-active (haven't seen her yet) and at least another 1-2 who are completely inactive... Generally I will have about 5 kids. I am surprise how fast church goes by now that I am in Primary.

Our new fence is slowly but surely going up. It's hard to work on too much because we've had a lot of rainy weather lately. The dogs love the wide open space... one comes back, the other comes back reluctantly... after she tours the neighboring houses and chases all the birds away! I might post some pics of our progress.

Our recovery and wt. loss are going well. Pics are coming shortly. Theron has lost 90lbs. and has gone from a pant size of 46-48 to 40. WooHoo. I noticed this morning that I can give him a hug and I can wrap my arms all the way around him! I have lost 60lbs. I have gone from a size 24 to an 18! We are going on a cruise in May, and my personal goal is to be at or under 200lbs. Which means I need to loose another 17lbs. in 33 days... I may actually make it!

Well, wish me luck as I try to explain the Gift of the Holy Ghost in class tomorrow!

4 comments:

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

Good luck- you can do it! I used to teach that primary class, and they do lose interest fast. They're asking about treats b/c they're hopeful if they ask often enough you'll finally bring them some :). Do they have rules on that now?
I KNOW you can lose the weight for the cruise- for sure. You're so much closer to goal than I am- you don't have that much farther to go!! I'm hoping to be below 200 by the end of August, but that's another 80-something lbs for me... in 5 mos?! Not sure if it's going to work out. *prayers & fingers crossed*!!

tnunley said...

Angie- I was told that Sunbeams gets treats in their classes, which is why they ask for treats. They haven't realized that they are older now and they don't get treats... Though Easter may be different... it's Easter!!

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

I think Easter is an excellent time for an exception.... :)

Carrie said...

I recall wanting treats well into young women's