Fiona

CafeMom Tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ward Baby Shower!


I know my days are numbered for bringing our little girl into this world!  One baby shower down and one more next week for family and non-member friends!  A quick update before we start... the nursery is finally finished!  Had a little snafu with UPS, but my crib bedding and wallpaper border finally came in! I barely gave Theron a chance to settle and relax when he got home from work that night.  I told him relax while he can while he eats dinner, cause we're gonna be busy afterwords.  He's such a trooper!  Now my room feels complete!  He also caught my nesting bug... either that or he's tired of my worrying, loudly about things that need to get done still.  All the doorways now have their door facings on (it's only been about 2-3 years when we painted the hallway! The bathroom ceiling is done, so we put up the border in there and this week he said he will finish with tiling the floor and install the new commode!  Of course, these are all old renovation projects that had been left undone... The backyard seriously needs cleaning (especially since the roofing project), pool needs to be put away for the season....and I look around and wonder when I became an Adams family member... Cobwebs everywhere and all my window treatments have either more cob webs or cat hair on them... work, work, work!
Well, enough of that ranting, nesting talk!  I had my first baby shower!  It was great!  I had a lot of friends who were there, and a lot of soccer moms who wished they were there!  I received several more cute clothes (can't have enough of them!), some toys, picture frames, burp cloths etc.  We played a couple of fun games.  One in particular I thought was really cute, and helpful!  One of the hosts bought a fancy porcelain pink piggy bank.  She had everyone gather some change then passed around the piggy bank.  People would put some change in the piggy bank while giving me their "two cents" worth of advice.  Some advice was about parenting, some about continuing to be a couple, and one sister gave advice about using/ teaching the baby to love the priesthood. 

I know I shouldn't have favorites, but I did receive some beautiful and unique gifts that I wanted to share!  One sister went to JoAnnes (they just opened up a new store here!), and got some beautiful felt fabric that had sparkly silver accents in it.  She made me two blankets.  Everyone oohed and awed.  We are hoping that they will last a while.!  They are very fancy looking... I just loved them.

The babies blessing dress
Above, the two baby blankets
The other gift almost brought me to tears!  One sister, who I served with in the RS presidency gave me a baby's blessing dress from White Elegance!  Should have seen my jaw drop!  I don't think I could have picked out a prettier one myself!  It also came with a mother/daughter matching bracelet set!  It's simple yet elegant... perfect for one who doesn't care for a lot of foo foo!  I forgot my digital camera... but the host had an extra disposable one on hand, so it got passed around and a lot of pics taken.  When those get developed I will post those, in the meantime I just took pics of some of the stuff when I got home! 

No comments: